APPLICATIONS CLOSED MARCH 13, 2021
COVID-19 is affecting communities across the country. People are struggling to provide the essentials for their pets (food, medication, kitty litter, grooming supplies, etc.), but we know that does not mean they love their pets any less. Pet pantries have become a vital lifeline for many pet owners and help organizations like yours reduce the population of animals in shelters by assisting pet owners before they resort to giving up their companion animals. That’s why we’ve been raising money to help you in your efforts to save animals during this critical time.
At the end of 2020 we got together with our friends at Purina, Chewy, and Tito’s Handmade Vodka to raise money so we could help animal welfare organizations do even more great work. Our generous supporters donated so that we could provide you with grants to enrich or start a pet pantry program. The folks at Purina, Chewy, and Tito’s were kind enough to match the donations received up to $10,000 each.
Now we want to extend those funds to you, so you can help the pets in your community. We will provide cash, product, and gift card grants to organizations that apply through the application link below.
Thank you to our compassionate friends at Purina, Chewy, and Tito’s Handmade Vodka for their part in making this grant possible!
Please read the rules and application dates carefully:
Animal Welfare Organizations will have two weeks to complete their initial grant application. Once the application period closes Adopt-a-Pet.com and sponsors will review all eligible applications and choose a small pool of finalists.
All finalists will receive a cash grant (amount will be disclosed to finalists) to enrich or start a pet pantry for their organization. Adopt-a-Pet.com will contact all finalists with the amount they will receive and with a request for additional information. We may request images and/or have follow-up questions. Finalists who send in the requested info will be eligible for a larger grant worth $20,000. Two organizations will receive the larger $20,000 grant that will consist of product, gift cards, and additional monetary funds.
- Do not email attached files like Word, PDF, PowerPoint files – they will not be opened. Photo attachments – such as JPG, GIF, or PNG photos – are allowed.
- Only one application email per active Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter/rescue organization will be accepted in 2021.
- The application period will begin on Feb. 26, 2021 and end on March 13, 2021. Submissions received after the March 13th deadline will not be considered
- Finalists that are eligible for the grand prize grants will have two weeks to submit supplemental info. We will provide the deadline date when we reach out!
- This grant program is open to US shelters and rescues only.
- Please do not contact us asking for the status of your application.
- Only grant recipients will be contacted. We will reach out to you if you’re a recipient!
- Grant recipients are selected from qualifying finalists at the sole discretion of Adopt-a-Pet.com.
- By applying for this grant, you agree to the submissions license below and agree to provide Adopt-a-Pet.com with follow-up photos and descriptions of how the grant helped the pet or pets in your care.
- You must have an approved & active Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter or rescue account to qualify for a grant. An approved account is one that was approved after signing up – you received your approval email, and pets you list on Adopt-a-Pet.com are visible to the public. An active account has, within the last 30 days, either: a) logged in and viewed your Pet List or added a new pet, or b) added a new pet via uploading software. Not sure? You can log in and view your Pet List here which will mark your account as active.
- Don’t have an account yet? No problem! You can sign up for an Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter or rescue account here. You can apply after you get your approval email and have listed a pet for adoption.
How to Apply for a Grant:
Please fill out the application Google form [CLOSED]
Send photos or videos to support your application in one email to email@example.com with these 3 items:
1. Shelter or rescue name (must match the name used in your application):
2. Attach at least two photos of the pets who will benefit, and/or photos and stories of pets with your organization (in the past or currently) who were helped by a pet pantry. Please submit high quality (over 150kb preferred) photo files (jpg, png, gif etc.)!
3. If you have videos please include a YouTube or Vimeo link here. You may also send a WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope our grant application process is easy and clear! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask us at email@example.com.
Submissions License: Each Participant or Charity may have the opportunity to submit videos, photos, text, or other content (“Submissions”) to the Adopt-a-Pet.com Pet Pantry Grant (“Program”). Each Submission will remain the property of the respective Participant or Charity who will have sole responsibility and liability for any claims related to those Submissions. However, each Participant and Charity grant Adopt-a-Pet.com and its affiliated companies a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, fully paid right and license: (a) to make, have made, use, copy, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of any Submissions provided by Participant or Charity through the Program, (b) to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute (directly and indirectly through multiple tiers), license, offer to sell and sell, rent, lease, or lend copies of the Submissions (and derivative works thereof), and (c) to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties. Additionally, each Participant and Charity consent to the use of his/her/its name, statements, photographs, videos, voice recordings and likenesses for publicity purposes, as well as any other purpose associated with the Program. Each Participant and Charity agrees such grant and consent is without restrictions or additional compensation or permission of any kind.
Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Adopt-a-Pet.com, Purina, Chewy, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Grant program and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any grant prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
Recipient List: To obtain a copy of the grant winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Adopt-a-Pet.com 310 N. Indian Hill Blvd., #800, Claremont, CA 91711. Requests must be received no later than April 20, 2021.
Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Grant program are Adopt-a-Pet.com, Purina, Chewy, and Tito’s Handmade Vodka