If you’re looking for a pet friendly hotel on the Oregon coast, definitely put the Ashore Hotel in Seaside on your list!
The Ashore Hotel is one of the only hotels on the Oregon Coast that truely is PET friendly, not just dog friendly.
Disclosure: I’ve paid to stay at the Ashore Hotel myself. However, I was provided a free stay once in exchange for telling you about the hotel. That does not influence my feelings or thoughts about the hotel.
The Ashore Hotel allows cats, pot bellied pigs, hamsters, and more )as long as the owner can maintain control of them and cleans up after them).
Some general pet policies at the Ashore Hotel are:
- There is an additional pet fee of 20 USD each
- Owners must clean up after their pets
- Pets must be leashed while in any common areas on the property
- If there is any evidence of damage done to the rooms by a pet you will be charged for repairs
- While their general maximum on pets is 2-3 per room, depending on size, they may allow more if you ask.
Some of the best things about the Ashore Hotel are:
- The Ashore Hotel is less than a block from the beach (where your dog can legally be off leash)
- There is a cool outdoor seating area with fire pit
- It’s located right downtown so you don’t have to drive anywhere during your stay if you don’t want to
- There is a wine and beer bar on site
- They have a saline pool and sauna
- They have cruiser bikes you can borrow
- There is a big grass lot behind the hotel for pet potty breaks
- The rooms are modern but with a rustic/industrial vibe
- You can order a waffle “breakfast in bed” delivered to your room
The Ashore Hotel is also one of the the most environmentally friendly hotels I’ve stayed at.
It’s not just lip service:
- The hotel uses one central, communal microwave (vs purchasing one for each room which will end up in a landfill eventually)
- There is a recycle bin in the room
- The complimentary shampoo and shower gel is organic and provided in bulk containers to be left for the next person (they’re sanitized in between of course)
- They encourage the use of their cruiser bikes to get around town rather than drive
What is the Best Time to Visit Seaside, Oregon?
Summer at the beach is often warm and sunny so that is when most people visit.
But there are down-sides to visiting in the summer with your dog.
Hotel rates in the area are usually highest in August and September.
Summer is also when the largest number of people vacation in Seaside.
That means there are a lot more dogs and kids on the beach, which isn’t the ideal situation if you have a reactive dog.
My favorite times to visit Seaside and stay at the Ashore Hotel are weekdays October through mid April.
The temperatures during the fall, winter, and early spring typically range from 50-60 F. And when the sun is out, it can feel a lot warmer than that.
Going to the ocean in the colder months means cooler days, and potentially rain and wind, but I like storm watching on blustery beach days.
I love the hotel so much.
I’ve stayed twice with my dogs so far and plan to go back next summer. I might even make it an annual trip!
Whether you want take your dog on a weekend getaway, want to enjoy a relaxing week-long vacation with your dog, or want to enjoy a work-cation with your dog snuggled by your side, definitely check out the Ashore Hotel.
If you’d rather stay on the Washington Coast with your dog, check out one of the Adrift sister hotels – the Ashore Hotel in Long Beach, Washington.