Important COVID-related guidelines for each Climate Watch survey period can be found here.
Please make sure to sign up here to receive email updates about Climate Watch.
Then follow these steps below:
Step 1: To get started participating in Climate Watch see if there is a local Coordinator in your area
- Check the Coordinator listing
- If there is no coordinator near you consider becoming a local coordinator by reading the materials on this page.
- If you just want to participate on your own, thats ok! Look through this to explore an in-depth, visual guide to how climate watch works and learn how you can get started on your own.
Step 2: Then read these to learn how to conduct Climate Watch surveys
These materials give a general overview of the program so you can decide if you want to participate:
These materials give you more specific instructions on how to participate:
Step 3: Next, learn about the ways you can collect and submit your data
Step 4: Before you go out to survey, use these online mapping tools to plan your survey locations
Listen to our webinar on How to use the Climate Watch mapping tools (Nov 5, 2021)
Instructions on how to use the tool to explore squares and plan survey point locations are available through the information icon in the Planner.
If you are asked for login credentials, please follow these steps
1. Go to arcgis.com and login with the provided credentials.
Username : ClimateWatch Password: Audubon1
2. Once logged in and while in the same window, go to the top and navigate to https://gis.audubon.org/ClimateWatch
Instructions on how to claim a square are contained through the information icon in the planner.