As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases from amazon.com

Canine Passes After ‘Widespread Mistake’ And Canine Proprietor Posts Warning To Save Others


We all enjoy watching videos of dogs, cats, and other animals that make us smile. However, there are times when we must spread the word for safety’s sake and increase awareness in order to avoid future dog tragedies.

 

This is the story of Petey. Please meet Christina Young, who lost her beloved companion Petey and wanted to raise awareness among pet owners. After a terrible accident took Petey’s life, Christina said goodbye to him. She wanted other pet parents to understand that this tragedy was avoidable for most of us, and that “this accident” has already taken place in our own homes.


You’re going to want to read this ALL the way to the end! Please be sure to share it with a friend or family member!

 

 

Image Source: Facebook/Christina Young

 

 

She came home one day with the expectation of seeing a tail wagging Petey to a quiet house. Along with this quiet house, her somber boyfriend Christian had devastating news about their boy, Petey. Young posted this on her Facebook page:

“As [Christian] walked in further he saw our sweet boy laying lifeless with a stupid chip bag over his head. He was able to get them off the counter that we will forever blame ourselves for leaving out. He ate every chip out but of course went back for crumbs…which made the bag tighter and tighter with there being nothing left inside every time he would go for more he would inhale making the bag tighter & tighter around his head.. ultimately resulting in suffocation.”

 

Please continue reading below:

 

Christina simply couldn’t understand how this could happen. Why didn’t Petey pull the bag off of his head with his paws?

 

He was very bright, smart and agile. So, she did research of her own and found information that nobody ever talks about online. Young wanted to ‘spread the word’ so pet owners know the dangers of leaving potato chip, popcorn, cereal, bread and even dog treat bags lying around. They can pose a serious threat to our beloved animals.

 

 

 

Image/Story Source Credit: Facebook/Christina Young

 

 

“3-5 pet suffocation’s get reported every week and 42% of those occur while the owner is in the next room. It only takes about 3 minutes for their oxygen to drop to fatal levels. With this happening so often we were so surprised by the lack of awareness on this topic out there.”

 

Pet parents have no idea about these daily food related hazards, and before it’s too late, awareness wants to be spread for others. Jennifer Young and Christian want to raise such awareness. The two want such things to happen so another pet doesn’t suffer the same fate as their pet did.

 

 

Image/Story Source Credit: Facebook/Christina Young

 

 

“So I just ask that in honor of my boy Petey that you be extra careful, warn other dog owners & give your fur babies some extra love today and every day after this. I pray none of you ever have to experience your heartbreaking this way. We love you papas you were the best boy in the whole world & we will remember our good times forever”

 

 

We’re so very sorry for the loss of Petey and send our condolences to Christina and Christian. Rest in peace Petey.

 



We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

Specialpets
Logo
Enable registration in settings - general
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare
0
Shopping cart