Bark Days are my latest 1:1, personal service – but they’re not like a standard online dog trainer….
Bark days are my newest service that is a whole day of 1:1 via messages, voice clips & video clips. Done on Voxer, the day is highly interactive and built to give you and you r dog the best success I can.
Set Up For Success
Setting a dog up for success is huge, but for me? I want to do that for you too.
These days are set up so that you can ask every question. So that I can give you every answer to the best of my ability.
We set them up in advance, allowing you to collect info, to collect video, to best position me to answer your questions.
You’ll give me a little background when you start, and then fill me in as we go, and we can find the best position for you and your dog to find your solution – together.
Does Online Dog Training Work?
I mean… I Wouldnt run it if it didn’t work.
Also, dog training? Is massively mislabeled, we train humans more than dogs, so yeah! Works really well.
But, this specific example of online training is not only really effective, but they’re uniquely positioned to deep dive into your dogs particular issue.
You can also read more on this right here: Does Online Puppy Or Dog Training Work? A Professional Insight
So, let’s get to it! How do you make the most of this day with me?
Book A Bark Day
Solve your problems.
Discuss them with a
pro trainer & get your answers
1 – Download Voxer Ahead Of Time
Voxer is a special app, it’s uniquely positioned for this exchange because we can exchange in real time, listen in real time and reply, in real time – it is a cut above whatsapp, it’s a cut above facebook messenger because of the live aspect. So, if you want to record a 15m voice note? You can, and if i catch it, 5 mins through? I can start listening right then.
This does mean you can’t delete messages, but it’s really beneficial.
2 – Drop Me A “Hi!” On Voxer
Pinging me a quick message to say hello means that you can confirm ahead of time that you had the right person and you can fill the chat before I start…
3 – Add Questions Before Your Day!
Really, really do this. I won’t start replying until the start of our time together – but it’s great to have as much info as possible to go into this will, and if you want to add data, add info and your questions before I come into it? It truly allows us to get down to brass tacks as quick as possible
4 – Collect Info
If you have a dog tracker, send me that info for the last month. Sleep, food type, exercise & enrichment are all really important things. If you can get video? Get video. If you can get pictures, get them. If you can write a small daily dairy? That works really well too! The more info there is the easier it is to address a problem.
5 – Record Videos
Let me tell you a secret about dog training: probably only 10% of my in person appointments demonstrate the behaviour in front of me. The other 90% of the time? We work with video. It allows us to see, track and manage progress, as well as slow it down and watch for small triggers or reactions (that we might otherwise miss), and look out for them in the future.
6 – Don’t Be Afraid To Ask Questions
Honestly, we will start with one aim, but normally we get through that, and you absolutely can ask me about other things. Ask the questions, get your answers, get your explanations and feel secure and confident in your decisions.
7 – Ask For Clarity
If I’ve not explained something in a way you get? Push me, I’ll have another way to say it that will resonate. There is always a way! And sometimes, how I teach may not be how you learn – and that’s ok. So keep asking.
8 – There Will Be Back & Forth
I’m going to ask you as many questions as you ask me during this time, so be ready to deep dive into what makes your dog awesome.
Even I’ve been surprised by the results, the power of the Bark Day! It’s a phenomenal tool for us to investigate together what to do with your gorgeous woof.
Why not check out Irina & Philos’ Instagram post (totally unprompted by the way!) where she’d test piloted the Bark Day experience with me!
Sweet, then book in a Bark Day, and let’s get you and your best bud back on track!
Author, Ali Smith
Ali Smith is the Positive Puppy Expert, dog trainer and is the founder of Rebarkable. She is passionate about helping puppy parents get things right, right from the start. To help create a puppy capable of being a confident and adaptable family member and keep puppies out of shelters.
Ali has won multiple awards for her dog training, and has had her blog (this blog!) rated as 2021 & 2022 worlds’ best pet blog!